AABC is excited to return to Japan with an event that promises to build on the success of our US and European conferences, while focusing on the unique drivers, needs, and challenges of the diverse Asian market. With sessions covering topics from raw
materials through research and development findings in novel battery chemistries and new approaches to cell and pack engineering, as well as applied technologies in the next generation of electric and hybrid vehicles, AABC Asia is an invaluable opportunity
to discover the latest trends, technology and market information. If you missed the first AABC Asia, please see the event highlights.
- Attend. Join top battery technologists representing every level of the supply chain!
- Share. Present a poster to showcase your latest research findings - Student Fellowships now available!
- Exhibit. Highlight your latest technologies and services in our exhibit hall.
OEMs confirmed to attend include Audi China, BMW Japan, BYD, Daimler, Ford, Gogoro, Honda, Huawei Technologies, KTM, LG Electronics, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Samsung Electronics, SharkNinja, Subaru, Suzuki, Toyota,
Virgin Hyperloop One, and Volkswagen.
Battery technologists from these cell and pack developers have also confirmed their participation: AVL, BYD, DENSO, East Penn, Farasis Energy, Furukawa Battery Co., GS Yuasa, Hitachi, Johnson Controls, LG Chem,
NEC Energy Devices, Panasonic, Primearth EV Energy, Samsung SDI, SolidEnergy Systems, Solid Power Battery, Sunwoda, TD HighTech Energy, Toshiba, VARTA, and Yokohama Battery Science.
Don't Miss these AABC Asia Program Highlights!
- Seven presentations with special focus on the xEV and advanced battery market in China
- Featured Presentation by Dr. Akira Yoshino, Draper Prize Winner, and one of the inventors of the li-ion battery
- OEM presentations by Audi China, BYD, Daimler, Ford, Honda, and Toyota
- Battery developer presentations from AVL, BYD, Farasis Energy, Hitachi, Johnson Controls, LG Chem, SolidEnergy Systems, and VARTA
- Presentations by two of the most well-respected and cited academic battery researchers in the world: Prof. Dr. Jürgen Janek from the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, and Prof. Dr. Martin Winter from the University of Muenster
Lithium-Ion Battery Materials
October 16-17, 2018Conference Chair:
Martin Winter, PhD, Chair, Applied Material Science for Energy Conversion and Storage, MEET Battery Research Center, Institute of Physical Chemistry, University of Muenster
Don’t Miss the Must-Attend Tutorials on October 15
Solid-State Batteries – Solid Electrolytes, Electrode Interfaces and Full Cells
Jürgen Janek, PhD, Professor, Director, Center of Materials Research, Justus-Liebig University & BELLA, Institute of Nanotechnology, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
The Rechargeable Battery Market: Value Chain and Main Trends 2018 - 2028
Christophe Pillot, PhD, Battery Survey Manager, Avicenne Energy, France
Thank you for visiting our new website for AABC Asia. I encourage you to review the Final Agenda and Attendee List,
and if you are interested in attending, to register online.
- Menahem Anderman, PhD, Conference Chair