Battery Modeling Software and Applications
This workshop will focus on the major features of battery modeling software and its application to electrical and thermal battery design and life estimation. Case studies will be presented to show how to address various problems in automotive battery design, or more generally, in large battery and system design.
Robert Spotnitz, President, Battery Design LLC
Dr. Spotnitz is a leading developer of mathematical models that simulate battery operation. Dr. Spotnitz, who previously held several senior technical positions in materials and battery development, founded Battery Design in 1999 to develop custom software for battery developers and users. He is a well-known speaker on various aspects of battery engineering.
- Material Modifications and Analytic Methods to Enhance State Estimation of Lithium-Ion Batteries
Mark Verbrugge, Director, Chemical Sciences and Materials Systems Laboratory, General Motors
- Coupled Thermal-Electrochemical Methods to Model Battery Cells, Modules & Packs
Steve Hartridge, Director Electric and Hybrid Vehicles, CD Adapco
- Computer-Aided Engineering of Batteries for Designing Better Li-Ion Batteries
Ahmad Pesaran, Principal Engineer, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- One-Dimensional Physics-Based Reduced-Order Modeling of a Lithium-Ion Cell
Gregory Plett, Professor, University of Colorado
- Hierarchical Models for Batteries: Overview with Some Case Studies
Sreekanth Pannala, Senior Research Staff Member, Oak Ridge National Laboratory